HP Deskjet Wireless network Setup in WindowsSet up your wireless-capable printer on a local cordless network for a computer with Windows 10, Windows 8 (Windows8.1 , Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP.
Action 1: Prepare for installation
Before setting up the printer on your cordless network, gather the network name and password, and switch on your router, printer, and computer system.
HP Deskjet Gather following items:
Network name: The network name is the SSID.
Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA).
A computer that is connected to the wireless network.
Internet gain access to (suggested): HP advises broadband Internet gain access to such as cable television or DSL.
Internet gain access to is not needed for you to install your HP Deskjet printer with a cordless connection. Nevertheless, you do require Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download HP Deskjet drivers from the HP site or my blog HP Deskjet drivers
- Your wireless-capable HP Deskjet printer: Position it near to the computer system during the HP Deskjet installation treatment.
- Make sure the HP Deskjet printer, router, and computer system are all turned on, which the computer is connected to the exact same wireless network you want to link the HP Deskjet printer to.
- Disconnect the USB cable if it is linked to the HP Deskjet printer.
- Optional: If you formerly set up the software for a USB connection and now wish to change to a cordless network connection, eliminate the USB installation before you continue.
- → Browse Windows for your HP Deskjet printer design name, then click the HP Deskjet printer name in the list of outcomes.
- → The HP Deskjet software application opens.
- → Click Utilities, then click HP Deskjet Printer Setup & Software application Choice.
- → Click Transform a USB connected HP Deskjet printer to cordless or Connect a new printer depending upon your variation of Windows.
- → Follow the on-screen directions to complete the connection. Once the printer has actually been set up on the wireless network, there is no have to continue with the steps in this file.
Action 2: Link your wireless HP Deskjet printer to a cordless network.
Connect your HP Deskjet printer to your cordless network utilizing the following actions.
- Search Windows for your HP Deskjet printer design name, then click the printer name in the list of results.
- The printer software application opens.
- Click Utilities, then click HP Deskjet Printer Setup & Software application Choice.
- If you previously set up the software application for a USB connection and now wish to change to a cordless network connection, get rid of the USB installation before you continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. When the printer has actually been established on the cordless network, there is no have to continue with the steps in this document.
Action 3: Download and install HP Deskjet printer software application.
For the current updates, HP Deskjet recommends installing the most current variation of the full feature HP Deskjet printer software from the HP site or my blog HP Deskjet drivers
As an alternative approach to downloading the HP Deskjet software application, you can use the setup CD.
- Switch on the HP Deskjet printer.
- If your printer is connected to the computer system with a USB cable, detach the cable television from the printer.
- Go to HP Deskjet Support - HP Deskjet Software and Driver Downloads or Search your Printer model HP Deskjet on my blog this ''HP Deskjet Drivers Download" and find the file download recommendations
- If triggered, pick a technique to determine your printer model, and then follow the on-screen directions to go to the download page.
- Click HP Deskjet Download beside the HP Deskjet complete function driver (recommended), or click Fundamental HP Deskjet Basic Driver for other HP Deskjet driver alternatives.